Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) is a developers’ tool to link their mobile, web applications to back-end cloud-based storage. MBaaS is a computing framework that gives access to servers, data storage, databases and other components that support mobile application. It also provides features such as user management, push notifications, messaging queues, monitoring, configuration, and social integration.
Enterprises globally have accepted MBaaS revolutionizing their businesses from scaling its huge database to its maintenance, security, and authentication API’S customization.
MarketsandMarkets estimates the global BaaS business to grow at a CAGR of 104% over the next five years, from $216.5 million last year to $7.7 billion in 2017.
Problems That Enterprises Face:
- Difficulty in integrating context
- Old data generation & Maintenance
- Extracting data for mobile needs
- Backend application testing & logic integration
- Security issues & authentication aspects
- Building your own mobile interface taking time and resources.
- Adjustments for smaller touch screens and users with higher user expectations.
- BYOD and mobile networks mean IT’s lost control of the endpoint and edge network.
Benefits of MBaaS:
- Saves developers’ time and money as user authentication is already performed.
- Reduces complexity by dealing with the complex server side programming, reducing the redundancy in creating backend code blocks, providing ready to integrate features and template backend, thereby facilitating quicker development by 70% reduction of time usage.
- Developers can concentrate more on the front end of the applications with design specification and the application marketing.
- Completely abstracts the server-side infrastructure.
- Helps deliver a near-native application user experience.
- Supports an application across multiple platforms.
- Helps enterprises to extend database to mobile devices or web apps through APIs and connectors.
- Integration of APIs with flawless support for backend enterprise.
- The client-side developers can use reusable APIs in microservices architecture.
- Its one model eliminates unnecessary setups for every application.
- Integration for traditional platform to cloud base.
The MBaaS market is one of the fastest growing cloud services delivery model. Considering the number of players operating in the market, it surpasses the PaaS market. So it would be wise to select a MBaaS provider who can integrate one or more services via their ESB to Molecular Mobile Application Development Platform – MMADP that can compile and create native and hybrid builds in few clicks.
To know more, contact us via email.